Creamy Mushroom and Pork Tenderloin Linguine
16th March 2023
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 garlic clove – peeled and minced
- 300g Pork Tenderloin (alternatively Pork loin chops will work https://cranstons.net/shop/pork-loin-chops)
- 10g fresh parsley – roughly chopped
- 400g linguine
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 pot of double cream (227ml)
- 50g parmesan
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 white onion
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)/ 400°F/ Gas 6.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan on a high heat. Once the oil is hot, sear the pork tenderloin for 2 min on each side, or until browned all over, season to your taste with salt and pepper. Set the pan to one side as you will use it again and we want to retain any flavour the pan has gained from the searing.
- Place the pork on an oven-proof tray and put in the oven for 8-10 min, or until cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the oven, cover and allow to rest.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml of boiling water.
- Prepare the vegetables- cut the mushrooms into quarters, peel the onion(s) and chop finely. , crush the garlic with the side of a knife, peel it and chop finely. Chop the parsley finely
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water and salt for 8-10 min or until the pasta is cooked to your taste, stirring occasionally, then drain.
- Return the pan you set aside to a medium-high heat, add the garlic and onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 min. Reduce the heat, add the stock and 50ml (100ml) of cream and simmer for 5 min. Add the parsley
- Cut the rested pork into slices (approx. 2cm) Season the mushroom sauce to your taste with salt and pepper. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well before serving with grated parmesan.