Steak Burger with Rosemary Salt Fries
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 Cranstons steak burger patties
40g cheddar cheese
2 butter brioche buns
4 rashers of Cranstons best streaky bacon
1 tomato – sliced
1 gem lettuce
50g Cranstons coleslaw
4 white potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ gas 7
Take the steak burgers out of fridge, place on baking tray and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
Set aside at room temp for 10 mins.
2. Cut the potatoes into fries and add them to a baking tray.
Strip the rosemary leaves off their stems, then chop them as finely as possible and discard the stems.
Combine the chopped rosemary with a pinch of salt – this is your rosemary salt
Sprinkle the rosemary salt over the fries with a drizzle of oil, a pinch of pepper and mix it all together.
Put the tray in the oven for 20-25 min or until crisp, golden and cooked through – these are your rosemary salted fries.
3. Add the smoked streaky bacon to the burger tray.
Put the tray in the oven for 12-15 min or until the burgers are cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
4. While the burgers and fries are cooking, get your condiments prepped
Grate the cheddar cheese
Slice the brioche buns in half
Slice the tomato
Slice the gherkin in half lengthways
Wash the gem lettuce and pat dry with kitchen paper, then remove 2 whole outer leaves and set aside for serving
5. Once the burgers are almost done, top each burger patty with the grated cheese and return the tray to the oven for 3 min or until the cheese has melted – these are your cheeseburger patties
6. Heat a large, dry, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium heat and add the brioche halves, cut side down, and cook for 3 min or until toasted and charred
7. The build! Spread a little sauce (to your taste) onto each toasted brioche base
Add the sliced tomato, pile up with a lettuce leaf, a cheeseburger patty, crispy bacon, gherkin and top with a toasted brioche lid – this is your ultimate bacon cheeseburger.
Serve the ultimate bacon cheeseburger with the rosemary salted fries and coleslaw on the side.