Cranstons employ a dedicated team of over 200 people across our head office, retail shops, kitchens and production centre. We are committed to developing each team member and strongly believe in offering our employees opportunities to grow and progress. If you feel you have what it takes to join the Cranstons team please have a look through our current vacancies.
• Opportunities to progress (many of our current senior managers started in junior positions).
• Quality training for team members at all levels of the business.
• 20% off within any of our shops for you and your household.
• A down-to-earth respectful culture where everyone is given a voice.
Chris Russell – Cranstons Orton Grange manager
Ullswater Road, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7EH
Full time and permanent 40 hours per week (additional hours may be required)
Cranstons Quality Butchers are looking for an enthusiastic, food loving and creative supervisor chef/cook to join our busy production unit in Penrith.
The role will include:
- Preparing and cooking to a high standard, using quality ingredients from our production unit and local suppliers
- Liaising with the team to ensure orders are fulfilled and that all stock levels are up to standard
- Cooking food promptly in accordance to company recipes and ensuring consistency in quality and portion size
- Working independently on food preparation or as part of a small team, maintaining high standards
- Following relevant hygiene, health and safety guidelines and ensuring allergen procedures are followed
- Communicating and being a part of the production management team
- Carrying out and recording necessary checks and cleaning
- Building and motivating an efficient team and being responsible for direct staffing issues
The preferred candidate would be used to working in a fast pace kitchen environment with a great knowledge of food and cookery skills with experience managing people. However, we do offer training on site and are interested in candidates from all backgrounds.
Why work here?
- Company Pension
- 25% Employee Discount Across the Company
- Free On-Site Parking
- You won’t work every weekend
Salary, up to £12.65 per hour or £27,627 annually
If you would like to apply for any of the roles available please send your CV and a brief email explaining why you would like to join the Cranstons team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions about a role please also direct these to email@example.com or give our recruitment team a ring on 01768 868 680, extension 217
If you are interested in working for Cranstons you can register an interest by submitting the e-form on this page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.