Cranstons employ a dedicated team of over 200 people across our head office, retail shops, kitchens and production centre. We are committed to developing each team member and strongly believe in offering our employees opportunities to grow and progress. If you feel you have what it takes to join the Cranstons team please have a look through our current vacancies.
• Opportunities to progress (many of our current senior managers started in junior positions).
• Quality training for team members at all levels of the business.
• 20% off within any of our shops for you and your household.
• A down-to-earth respectful culture where everyone is given a voice.
Chris Russell – Cranstons Orton Grange manager
Ullswater Road, Penrith
40 hours per week
Cranstons Quality Butchers is a long-established successful family business in Penrith and we are looking for Production Operatives to work within our production facility on Ullswater Road, Penrith.
The role is based within a busy environment, working within the well-established production team you will be responsible for producing and packing our own range of products from sausages to pies and much more.
No previous experience is required as full training and support will be given.
All employees have the benefit of receiving 20% discount within our shops for you and your household.
If you are looking for a position within a secure business with a down to earth culture where everyone is given a voice, then this is the ideal role for you.
Hourly rate up to £10.79 per hour
Cumbrian Foodhall, Ullswater Road, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7EH
Full time - 40 hours per week
5 days out of 7 on a rota basis
Cranstons Quality Butchers is a well-established successful family business based throughout Cumbria and we are looking for an assistant manager to join our team within our Cumbrian Food hall, Penrith.
What we offer
• Competitive pay that can increase with experience
• Further chance to progress within the business
• 20% in store discount
• Save for your future with our pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Permanent contract providing you with stability
As a trainee manager, you will deliver outstanding customer service, work proactively to make sure our foodhall looks inviting and fully stocked with our bespoke local produce. You should be willing to keep on top of freshness, inventory and stock management and be able to drive the team forwards.
As an assistant manager you will be given management of a particular department in store, however you will be trained in all areas in order to give you the skills to work functionally to support other departments.
What you’ll do
• You will be expected to be a hands on manger delivering the same tasks as our team members
• You will be in charge of merchandising and liaising with marketing and shop floor displays
• You will be in charge of daily and weekly ordering for your department – making sure our range of goods provides something for everyone
• Tasked with leading your team forward by being an approachable and positive manager
• Resolve any customer or staff issues working with senior management where appropriate
• Work with senior management to further push forward Cranstons
• Undertake full training for the role
What you’ll need
• Experience working in a fast – paced environment
• A love of working with food and people
• Some experience of managing people
• The flexibility to work weekends on a rota basis
• A friendly style of customer service
• A drive to work hard and contribute to the success of our brand
Full training is provided and we are willing to support the right candidate through a leadership apprenticeship. After training is provided you would be able to cover Senior Management and be the duty manager responsible for the foodhall on shift.
This is a full time position with 40 hours required every week.
The salary is from £24,000/ year.
If you would like to apply for any of the roles available please send your CV and a brief email explaining why you would like to join the Cranstons team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions about a role please also direct these to email@example.com or give our recruitment team a ring on 01768 868 680, extension 217
If you are interested in working for Cranstons you can register an interest by submitting the e-form on this page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.