Cranstons employ a dedicated team of over 200 people across our head office, retail shops, kitchens and production centre. We are committed to developing each team member and strongly believe in offering our employees opportunities to grow and progress. If you feel you have what it takes to join the Cranstons team please have a look through our current vacancies.
• Opportunities to progress (many of our current senior managers started in junior positions).
• Quality training for team members at all levels of the business.
• 25% off within any of our shops for you and your household.
• A down-to-earth respectful culture where everyone is given a voice.
Chris Russell – Cranstons Orton Grange manager
Ullswater Road, Penrith
Monday - Friday Up to 40 hours a week
1 Saturday morning a month required on a rota basis
Looking for both seasonal and full time staff members
Cranstons Quality Butchers is a long-established successful family business in Penrith and we are looking for Production Operatives to work within our production facility on Ullswater Road, Penrith.
The role is based within a busy environment, working within the well-established production team you will be responsible for producing and packing our own range of products from sausages to pies and much more.
No previous experience is required as full training and support will be given.
All employees have the benefit of receiving 25% discount within our shops for you and your household.
If you are looking for a position within a secure business with a down to earth culture where everyone is given a voice, then this is the ideal role for you.
Hourly Rate - £11.23 during probation and £11.49 after passing probation.
Probation Period lasts 3 months
Café Oswalds Penrith Foodhall, Ullswater Road, Penrith CA11 7EH
Full-time to Part Time Up to 40 hours
Cranstons Quality Butchers is a long-established successful family business based throughout Cumbria and we are looking for a Café Assistant to join our Front of House team at Café Oswalds above our Penrith Foodhall.
A hospitality role with flexibility and convenient hours which doesn’t impact your evenings.
The role will include:
Supporting our team with the day-to-day running of the café, serving drinks and food, clearing tables, washing up, cleaning and providing great customer service.
Wage dependant on age & experience but exceeds NMW.
Up to £11.01 per hour.
Café Oswalds above our Penrith Foodhall, Ullswater Road, Penrith CA11 7EH
Flexible hours available
Cranstons Quality Butchers are looking for an enthusiastic, food loving and creative Chef to join our small kitchen team at Café Oswalds above our Penrith Foodhall.
This is a rare opportunity for a Chefs Position where you can show your love for food and creative flare using quality local products with; sociable, daytime, straight shifts that doesn’t impact your evenings.
The role will include:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting food to high standard, using quality ingredients from our onsite Butchers, Deli and Local Suppliers
- Liaising with the Head Chef and kitchen team to ensure orders are fulfilled and that all stock levels are up to standard
- Serving food promptly in accordance to company procedures and ensuring consistency in quality and portion size
- Working independently on food preparation or as part of a small team, maintaining high standards of service and hygiene to ensure a positive experience for customers
- Following relevant hygiene, health and safety guidelines to a high standard and ensuring allergen procedures are followed
- Working with quality ingredients from the Food Hall below, it’s a fantastic opportunity to put forward new ideas for the main menu and seasonal specials
- Communicating with both the kitchen staff and front of house to ensure excellent customer service
- Carrying out and recording necessary checks and cleaning
The preferred candidate would be used to working in a fast pace kitchen environment with a great knowledge of food and cookery skills, or a driven, food enthusiastic willing to learn, that is new to a chef’s position, however full training is provided on site.
Why work here?
- 25% Employee Discount Across the Company
- Free On-Site Parking
- You won’t work every weekend
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day and Easter Sunday with shorter working days on the remaining Bank Holidays
- Salary from £11.50 per hour (aged 21+)
If you would like to apply for any of the roles available please send your CV and a brief email explaining why you would like to join the Cranstons team to email@example.com.
If you have any further questions about a role please also direct these to firstname.lastname@example.org or give our recruitment team a ring on 01768 868 680, extension 217
If you are interested in working for Cranstons you can register an interest by submitting the e-form on this page or by emailing email@example.com.